The Art of Hojo Undo:
Power Training for Traditional Karate
by Michael Clarke
*** Spiritual Book Gift with this order ***
ADDING POWER TO THE FIGHTING TECHNIQUES OF KARATE
Hojo Undo means 'supplementary training', and using these tools is the key for developing the devastating power of karate techniques. Without Hojo Undo, a practitioner cannot reach the profound strength levels required for a lifetime of karate training.
This book details how to construct and use many training tools; provides accurate mechanical drawings, comprehensive training methods, and an historical context to understand why Hojo Undo was created in 'old' Okinawa.
- Warm up exercises
- Detailed construction drawings
- Build your own Hojo Undo tools!
- Learn how to use the tools to develop devastating power
- Link your increased power to fighting techniques
- Hear what Okinawan Masters say about Hojo Undo training
- Publisher : YMAA Publication Center; 1st edition (September 1, 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 220 pages
- ISBN-10 : 159439136X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1594391361
Brand new: The book is new, unread, and unused in perfect condition. As seen in the pictures.